Dear CETPA Member,
CETPA will have one opening on its Board of Directors this year. Serving on the Board is one of the most rewarding and interesting positions available to an individual who would like to help steer the direction for technology in California's vibrant educational community. For the person selected, many opportunities will arise to collaborate with leaders of educational segments, industry and government agencies.Please consider this position and carefully read the attached position description and application details. We look forward to the new ideas and energythat each of you would bring to the Board.
If you are an Affiliate member and know someone who would make an excellent candidate, please forward this email to them.
Todd Finnell, President
CETPA Vision Statement
Shaping The Future of Education Through Technology
QualificationsWe are looking for individuals who are currently working as leaders in technology for a school, school district, county office or other educational agency and are able to dedicate quality time to help the organization grow. Qualified individuals have demonstrated a commitment to the use of technology in education and are:
- A current Educational member of CETPA.
- Prepared to contribute a significant amount of time and effort to help advance the goals and initiatives of the organization.
- Free of any conflicts of interest that might inhibit the completion of duties.
- Directors attend six conference calls and six on-site meetings each year. Other meetings may be called by the President if necessary. On-site meetings are held all day Friday and half day Saturday and are usually held at future or potential conference sites around California. One of the on-site meetings may start on Thursday and extend through the half day Saturday as a strategic retreat to resolve more involved issues. Travel and lodging costs are covered by CETPA.
- Directors may also be asked to serve on subcommittees to help CETPA's initiatives move forward.
- Full participation in our Annual Conference activities is required. Directors must be at the conference site from the preceding Sunday to the following Saturday.
If you would like to nominate an individual who you believe will be an excellent leader for CETPA:
- Please submit a letter of nomination that includes your experience with the individual and the reasons for the nomination.
- Include both your contact information as well as the nominee's contact information.
- Nomination letters may be submitted in conjunction with applications.
If you feel you would make an excellent leader for CETPA:
- Please submit a letter of application that includes a biography with photo, your qualifications, experience and willingness to serve.
- Include your contact information.
- A resume is not mandatory, but may is recommended.
- A nomination letter submitted by another individual is not mandatory.
This Call for Directors is open August 3, 2012 through August 29. Please ensure that all application materials are received by CETPA no later than August 29, 5PM in order to be considered for candidacy. All submitted applications are reviewed by the Nominations Committee and qualified candidates will be placed on the ballot for vote at the Annual Conference (October 16-19, 2012).
Email letter of application, complete contact information, and optional materials to:
Andrea Bennett, CETPA Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org